Walvoil is one of the main producers of hydraulic valves and complete mechatronic systems for the worldwide market of moving equipment. The company develops, creates products and systems to hydraulically and electronically control all what revolves around movement. Walvoil’s customers and partners work in different sectors such as: agricultural machines, industrial vehicles, construction and earth moving machine.
Configuration process of hydraulic distributors and control systems.
RuleDesigner project in walvoil
”With RuleDesigner we have brilliantly coped with problems related to Walvoil 's product specifications, with particular focus on difficulties concerning the definition of composition rules. As a matter of fact, although the intrinsic dynamism of our products, RuleDesigner allows to constantly update and make composition rules operational in a simple and intuitive way, with no specific IT skills. Finally, RuleDesigner is able to generate quotations, hydraulics schemes, 3D assemblies and many other output type by automatically driving external applications such as Word, Visio and SolidWorksMatteo OrlandelliCAD/CAE/PDM Manager Walvoil spa
- New multisite structure
- Web technology evolution
- Need to implement new products faster
- Need to train the technical office in the maintenance of the configurator
- Need to level out the knowledge about the product between the different headquarters
- Possibility to provide customers with new outputs: hydraulic schemes, 3D model, 2D drawings, customized Office documents
Replace the in-house developed configurator
- Difficulty in maintaining/updating rules of products already implemented
- Long timing on new product implementation (tool developed by IT office)
- Unable to keep users who are not connected to Walvoil network up-to-date
- Complexity of processing new outputs (office, cad)
Support and develop product customization
- Configuration rules are constantly updated
- Real-time generation of the hydraulic system plan
- 3D project generation by piloting SolidWorks
RuleDesigner provides users with web processes marked by an interaction paradigm with a step by step logic aimed at driving users to the correct product configuration. Once the product configuration is ended, the process automatically creates documents such as Offers, Bills of Materials (BOM) and technical hydraulic schemes which can be consulted on the web. Moreover, as soon as the customer accept the offer, salesmen forward the purchasing order to the technical dept. which will run the procedure to automatically generate the assembly, getting back the 3D assembly of the modular valve.